Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Daredevil

I forgot to mention in last week's post a funny tidbit about my daughter Olivia.  She is 3 years old and is very excited about our new "pets".  She has heard me talk about them all winter...  Anyhow, prior to last week's more thorough hive inspection, I suited up in my jacket, veil, gloves, etc.  I told Olivia to stay outside the fenced-in area that the bees are kept and then went to work.

As I was removing frames looking for the queen and really causing quite a stir, I turned around and found Olivia standing right next to me.  So there I was in all my bee garb and there she was in her shorts and tank-top!  Thank goodness our backyard is somewhat private or otherwise I would likely have been charged with child endangerment!  I do wish that I could have gotten a picture of that! 

Hopefully this Saturday we'll get some more good pictures of the hives.  I am sure Olivia will not be far away.

No comments: